Thursday, August 31, 2006

I feel good!

Ernesto interfered with my running routine this week - silly tropical depression - hardly blew here at all. I suppose that is a good thing. On Tuesday I ran on the treadmill at work - too hot to run outside in the afternoon. A fast 5K (3.1 miles) at 32:33 (fast for me anyway). Now if I can only run it that fast on the ground! It was a good work out, and though my calf was still a little sore from Sunday, the Tuesday run helped to loosen it up, and by Wed (Ernesto storm day) I felt great. However, I didn't get the chance to hit the treadmill on Wed and the weather was not cooperating for an outside run (sorry, I don't run in the rain - with my glasses I can't see).

As I went to bed last night I felt so good and wished I could run - but the weather was calling for continued rain through this morning. As I set the alarm for 7 am, I decided that if I woke up on my own at 6 am, and it wasn't raining, I would go running. Sure enough, I woke up at 6:15, not a drop of rain outside, so out the door I went.

I decided to go for 4 miles since I didn't have much time and I didn't want to push it. It was a good feeling 4 miles, though. My last mile was 10:49 (I like to finish up under 11 if I can) compared to my first mile of 11:26. Total time was 46:25 - not my best 4 miles but probably my best feeling 4 miles, if that makes any sense.

So I feel really good this morning. Heel is feeling good but I iced it anyway to be sure. Calf is all but better now, but I have been using Icy Hot before my run to get a good stretch in. I am excited about Saturday's race - 15K is a distance I have never raced...so it should be interesting. Actually all I have ever raced is 5K and Half Marathon distances. I feel really ready for the race.

I feel good!!! :-)

No comments: