Friday, January 26, 2007

A Little Chilly, A Little Run


In my search for a kid-oriented picture I ran across this one on a blog called "Writings of an Exceptional Being."
I had to laugh just imagining my kids with an expresso and a puppy.

This morning was time to run with my daughter again. Run #2 of the 5K training plan. For Florida, it was a chilly morning with a temp of 42 deg F that, with the wind, felt like 36 deg F. Brrrrr! We bundled up in long running pants, long sleeve shirt, a sweat jacket and hats for good measure. I gave my daughter my running gloves.

Funny how the cold makes you run faster! Today's 1.1 mile was completed in 14:58 min compared to over 16 min the other day. We had an incredible run together! Let's just say were were definitely "in the moment."

I think she is getting hooked. :-)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Again, I am smiling from ear to ear!

Unknown said...

The power of a running buddy...

you+someoneelse=faster times