Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Meme

Shirley just tagged me to do a Meme. You have to check out her post - such hidden talents with that woman!

A meme is apparently a fun chain-letter like way of getting to know others better and making new friends. (this according to Shirley's blog).

Here are the basic rules for this meme (cutting and pasting from Shirley's blog):

• Link to your tagger, and post these rules on your blog.
• Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
• Tag 5 people at the end of your post by their names and links to their blogs.
• Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.

Now this is TOUGH! As busy a person I am, I have a hard time thinking of 5 things that are interesting, unusual or outstanding. I am like the children of Lake Wobegone - I am above average in a lot of things, but I don't consider myself a master of anything (sigh).

Ah well, here goes:

1. When I was in 7th grade I picked up a guitar and taught myself to play (had a few basic lessons in junior high). I wanted to learn the clarinet but my parents couldn't afford to rent one. I was in two rock bands in high school - and could play a mean rhythm for BTO's "Taking Care of Business" and Eric Clapton's "Cocaine". I could also play "Wipeout" (yes, I am dating myself here). Of note: I wrote a song for my wedding which I have since copyrighted and hope to record sometime.

2. I was a radio DJ in college and then part time after I graduated. This was back when I still had to cue up vinyl records and later tapes.

3. When I was in college I worked one summer as a Compucamp counselor back when Apple computers first came out. We taught kids about CPUs, Disk drives and programming in Logo. There was no such thing as Windows, a mouse, or the Internet (circa 1982).

4. I have worked for the same company for the past 12 years, however in that time I have had 13 different offices in 4 office buildings and on 6 different floors (I just moved last week - new building thus new floor).

5. I grew up in Vermont but never learned to snow ski until after I had moved away. I developed my technique while on my honeymoon (in Vail) falling down the hill a few times before calling it quits. I got much better when I signed up for a company ski team during the brief time we lived in upstate NY. My goal was to make it all the way through the course without falling....which I achieved about halfway through the season. At least the post race beers were good!

That is it for me. I would like to tag:

Susan from I Run for My Life
Adam from The Zen Runner
Maddy from Gotta run
Kevin from Kevin Bonks!
Maritza from Marathon Maritza

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Pretty average -- HA!

Man, I would LOVE to be able to play the guitar or play by ear (you should post that song of yours!). And how nice it'd be to get down a bunny slope just once w/o falling. But it's never too late, right?

PS - I'm not a master of anything either.

Susan said...

You are a master of producing both a good blog AND a good podcast! :)