Sunday, April 27, 2008

Greetings to a New Day


This morning I happened to wake up and noticed the sky just turning pink - it was about 6:30 am. Thinking I might catch the sun rise, I quietly dressed and headed out to the beach and was treated to an amazing sight. At first I thought I would miss a good sunrise - there were clouds at the horizon. But after sitting and just watching, the sun's glow came through a few clouds, then it rose above the clouds and presented the new day.

Here is one minute of that sunrise. To think, this happens every single morning. What a blessing to know that every morning is a brand new day!



6 comments:

Jim said...

Great photo and video! There is something inspiring about a sunrise, especially over the water. I just posted a sunset on my blog. We've got the day covered!Missed seeing you at the IOA 5K.

Maddy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

I saw on your VRR mileage post that you were in Ormond By the Sea. I used to live there and unfortunately didn't appreciate the sunrise the way I do now!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Susan said...

Oh to be there!

ShirleyPerly said...

Very cool! Glad you were able to get some R&R over the weekend. You deserve it!

Irish Blue said...

Thanks! That was a beautiful sunrise and the beach...wow.

Jodi said...

Your daughter is so smart!