Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adventures in Columbia - Meeting Rachel



While on travel in Columbia, MD I had the privilege to meet fellow runner Rachel. She had intended on meeting up with Adam while he was in DC (I was going to join them) but instead some severe storms came through the area, complete with tornados. Power was down throughout the DC metro area.

Rachel invited me to try fried pickles. I have never had them, so we went to Rocky Run for me to try some out (we should have gone running instead!). The pickles were great and the company was greater!

Now Rachel is going to run the Walt Disney World Marathon! We will get a chance to meet once again - this time with a few other runners I know are running the race as well.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow fried pickles how cool. I wonder what they tasted like :D. I'm glad you enjoyed it plus you can always make up the time another day to run off the fried pickles you had. Hee hee, sounds like you had a great time.

Irish Blue said...

I need to try these. I LOVE pickles.

Cool that you are meeting up with so many runners on your trips.

Unknown said...

Two things....fried pickles....yuck. A friend tried to get me to eat them last week...just couldn't do it. Second, good luck with Disney....wish I could run that one myself. I hope to someday.

Petraruns said...

I LOVE pickles - that just sounds delicious. And great that you got to meet another runner!